Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Snow day!!!

Got my snow suit on...all ready to go out and play!
Ethan and Daddy playing in slushEthan and Nana catching snow flakesMaking the game plan for building the snowmanEthan catching a snow ball from Daddy...in his lavender gloves!! He didn't have any water proof gloves and it just so happens that I found a pair on clearance at Target the week before I was put on bed rest. The only catch is they were lavender so I got them for Sadie to grow into. Little did I know we were going to need them in the next few weeks.Ethan and his new buddy

We ended up with somewhere between 3-4 inches of snow!!We thought we were going to lose power because it kept flickering off and on. We set up camp in the living room by the fire. We never lost power, but Ethan thought it was great...so...he slept in the living room by the fire all by himself. We stayed with him until he was almost asleep and then he was ready to camp out all by himself. Here he is on his air mattress the next morning. A look at our house the next day...
My boys...
Checking out the snow in the trees...
I don't have pictures but only video of Jeremy and Ethan sledding. Ethan was having a great time until his sled stopped on a patch of dirt and he kept going. Hoping to post that video soon!!
And then there's me...
36 weeks on the way to one of my twice a week doctors apnt. This has become the highlight of my week being that I can get up, ready and out for a little while. Fresh air is nice, even when it's 20 degrees outside. Doctor says everything is checking out good with me and Sadie. My blood pressure is maintaining itself...which makes me feel like I can get out and about again...BUT my doctor strongly advised me not to think that way and be reminded that things are good because I'm on bed rest. This I know, but lying and sitting around all the time is starting to get tough. He wants me to go 2 more weeks, to 38 weeks gestation, and then we'll induce. I've been told by many to try to enjoy this time of rest because in 2 weeks...they'll be no such thing. We'll be in full swing with 2 kids...family of four.

6 comments:

Joni said...

Your house is beautiful in the snow! We didn't get ANY here, isn't that wild? So glad y'all enjoyed it. Enjoy resting these last few weeks and we'll be praying for Sadie's safe arrival SOON!

Hollie Carson said...

Kimberly,
That's an absolutely beautiful picture of you prego. You look amazing. Tell me how you did it! You haven't hardly gained any weight! And I know that's not what it's all about. It's about the TYPES of food and good fats that we should be eating to GROW a baby, develop it's nervous system, etc.., but my fleshly side is all about what the eye sees at times. I have to keep reminding myself to think about what the baby needs AND healthy foods for me as well.

Bryan - Kelda said...

We did not get any snow !! I am so glad that Ethan had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
Your house is so pretty. And YOU look absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to see Sadie.
Lori Green

The Cooks said...

Can't wait to see pics of your sweet GIRL! You look beautiful!

Curt, Mariah, & Carli Badura said...

loved the snow pics. check our blog out for ours.

yes, please enjoy the rest while you can; you'll be up and going soon with 2 kids!

love ya!
Mariah