Thursday, February 19, 2009

Same Song...Second Verse

As you might remember when I was pregnant with Ethan, I ended up on bed rest at 34 weeks due to high blood pressure.  This is where I like to say Same song...second verse...
This past weekend my doctor placed me on bed rest due to elevating blood pressure.  He told me I could be in one of three places, my home lying down, his office or the hospital.  When I'm at home I can't do anything but rest, preferrably on my left side to keep the blood pressure down and the circulation flowing to the baby.  Oh, I am allowed to get up about every 2 hours or so for about 15-20 minutes and then back to the couch.  This is a bit hard with a three year old.   Jeremy has become Mr. Mom as he likes to call it.  Not only is he working, coaching and taking an online class...he is now doing laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and managing all of Ethan's doings (potty time, baths, dressing, meal time, play time, etc.)  He's got a whole lot on his plate right now!  We are very blessed to have my parents next door.  My mom has already been a huge help!!
My doctor didn't seem to think I'd go past 37 weeks but he's hoping I at least make it to 36.  That's where I was when Ethan was born.  If you think of us, please pray that we make it 2 more weeks without any complications and pray for Jeremy in all of his responsibilities right now.  Until next time...just being a couch potato!!  

7 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

we're praying for you!

The Trotter's said...

Kimberly,

I will be praying for you and for Jeremy and Ethan b/c I understand how stressful this can be on not only you but your loved ones! I was on bedrest for 3 months with E.G. luckily this time I have just been on "limited activity" which means Ben still has to do all the house work, shopping, etc...and I don't know about you but its definately harder with a little one! Anyway...I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine! Hang in there. We look forward to hearing good news of a healthy little one!
The Poitevints

The Hudgins said...

girl, i feel your pain! bedrest was MUCH more difficult the 2nd time around with a toddler.
praying for you. hopefully your sweet girl will keep on cookin for awhile.....

Curt, Mariah, & Carli Badura said...

praying for you!

I feel your pain of bedrest with a toddler!

Keep us posted!

Mariah

Bryan - Kelda said...

I called you the other day to check in and make sure that you were still doing okay. I hope that you all are hanging in there and little Sadie will be here before you know it. Let us know if we can help!!!!! :)

Becky said...

Kimberly...I've been so crazy trying to get everything done...I haven't taken the time to write you back. That stinks that you're on bedrest (or maybe it's kinda nice?) No baby yet...I think my baby's like their home in me...Hudson was induced a week late...Walker was like 3 days early...so I'm thinking maybe sometime this week...or I'm hoping this week!