Friday, March 27, 2009

5 weeks of bed rest and 13 novels later...

We have a baby girl!!! I had planned on updating this blog a lot sooner, but once getting home and adjusting to having 2 kids and now with Jeremy being back at work...I'm just now getting to it. We were not able to access the blog from the hospital for some reason so I hope that you were able to keep up with updates and photos from Jeremy's facebook link that he posted. We are doing great adjusting to being a family of four. Lots of work and time management skills to juggle between two kids, but it's going great!! God really blessed me with an easy delivery and a great recovery. I have my sleepy moments, but I managed to get out with Sadie and run some errands on Tuesday. We also had her pediatrician apnt. Monday and she had a great check up. She had lost down in the hospital from 6 lb. 11.4 oz. to 6 lb. 5 oz. Monday she was back up to 6 lb. 8 oz. She already seems to have changed so much to me. Her little face is starting to fill out so much. She's staying awake for little spurts throughout the day, last night she decided to stay awake at her 2 AM feeding..urgh! I'm feeling that one today! She's also trying to focus on things as she's looking around. The occasional smile slips out which absolutely melts our hearts. Jeremy's been enjoying his daddy daughter time when he gets in from work and Ethan has been such a great big brother already. He sneaks kisses from her throughout the day and anytime she seems to be unhappy he says "Sadie wants her bear!" and runs to get her bear that he made her at build-a-bear. He's a very gentle and sweet big brother and we couldn't have asked for a better transition...so far :)
We had so many pictures to post, a slideshow was the best way to show a clip from our first week with Sadie.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Welcome sweet Sadie...the pictures are precious...Tony and I realized that we are not taking nearly as many pictures of Finley! What kind of camera do you guys have? The pictures really are so sweet! Ashley, Justin Upchurch's sister was the nurse when we had Walker and she was our baby nurse with Finley...we really like her!

Reeder Family said...

Congratulations Kimberly!! Baby Sadie is absolutely beautiful!! The pictures are amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

Bryan - Kelda said...

She looks just like Ethan ( Can't get away from the hartzog looks :) She is so sweet, I love her little lips. I can not wait to see you guys next weekend. Be safe and have a great week. I am so glad that the adjustment is going good. Hello E-BO From Kalleigh she can not stop talking about seeing him.

Anonymous said...

I still am not able to get a "video" from this posting. I hope we will be able to see the pictures of Sadie soon. We love you, Mema & Papa