Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I told you so

In my last post I said I was thinking about getting some chickens. Well, I did. I got four little ladies, hopefully no roosters. I'm not sure why though. I just thought it would be cool to have some chickens. So I built a chicken coop and run.

Then I went to see a man about some chickens. I bought one Barred Rock, two Black Maran's and one that was a cross breed of a Copper Maran and an Araucana.


They'll start laying eggs in a couple of weeks probably. Ethan likes to go into the run with the chickens but only for a minute. Once they start moving he gets scared of them and wants out. Kimberly hasn't been in yet. I must admit that I'm not used to dealing with chickens either. Every time I go into the run I try to catch one by hand. I think I'm a little chicken to grab the chicken.

j



1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

Wow! I'm so impressed and proud to say that my best friend has chickens! If I had the space and a dog who wouldn't eat the chickens, I'd LOVE to get some. Maybe one day. So, when I come, can I gather a few fresh eggs?